Oklahoma May 2013 Tornado Relief Update 5/22/2013 2:30PM
Your response to the latest disaster in Moore OK, has been amazing! As you can imagine, there are many who have contacted us offering their assistance. We are blessed to have such a loving Father Who puts it on our hearts to care so much.
At this time, here is how we are being led:
- A base camp is being established in the affected areas
- We are continuing to do an assessment so that we can determine the most effective areas to serve
- We will begin to launch teams as soon as we establish the specific area where we feel The Lord is leading us
- You can receive updates on the status of our assessment and the specific ministries that we will be involved in from 2 websites. CCOKC website= www.@calvaryokc.com or the ACTS and Calavry Chapel OKC fb page.
- At this time, we welcome all first responders and those who feel led to come and serve. We ask that you contact Marie Ingham @ 1.972.516.2287. Marie will begin to prepare for incoming teams as soon as Thurs evening. You MUST contact Marie so she can confirm that the facilities are ready.
- Be prepared by having your own money (cash), sleeping bag, tent and personal items. Right now we do have use of a shower.
- Dan Adams will be the director of this effort. We ask that you contact Marie while Dan establishes the base camp and the areas to be served.
Thank you all in advance for your servant's heart and we look forward to seeing how God will be glorified in such a difficult time.
Oklahoma May 2013 Tornado Relief
Calvary Chapel OKC and Calvary Chapel Norman are coordinating tornado relief efforts through Calvary Chapel Oklahoma City. Please send any request for response information to email@example.com
If you wish to give a monetary donation for relief, please make checks payable to Calvary Chapel OKC with a separate note indicating “Oklahoma Tornados May 2013” and we will ensure that those funds will go directly to the relief efforts.
We will receive donations of goods beginning Tuesday afternoon. The first donations will be taken to the affected people Thursday and subsequent donations after that.
What is Calvary Chapel OKC?
As a non-denominational fellowship, we are asked that question often. In light of all the "various winds of doctrine" that are blowing about today, it is a valid one. Due to our non-traditional approach to worship and ministry in many areas, answering that question is not always as simple as it might seem.
We Believe worship of God should be Spiritual. Therefore: We remain flexible and yielded to the leading of the Holy Spirit to direct our worship services.
We Believe worship of God should be Inspirational. Therefore: We give a great place to music in our worship. Our worship is contemporary and orderful.
We Believe worship of God should be Intelligent. Therefore: Our services are designed with great emphasis upon teaching the whole counsel of the Word of God verse by verse, that He might instruct us how He would be worshipped.
We Believe worship of God is Fruitful. Therefore: We look for His love in our lives as the supreme manifestation that we have truly been worshipping Him. We strongly believe that the purpose of Calvary Chapel of OKC through the pastor and teachers is summed up in "for the perfecting of the saints" (Eph. 4:12).
Dress Code - Come as you feel most comfortable (coat/tie, jeans, t-shirts, flip-flops or sandals, etc.). We desire to de-emphasize this aspect of Sunday worship. Please don't dress immodestly.
Music/Worship - Contemporary praise and worship with an occasional old hymn.
Please bring your Bible - Since we teach book-by-book, verse-by-verse, we want you to read God's Word for yourself (Acts 17:11) - don't just take our word for it! If you don't have a Bible to bring, come anyway - we have some you can use.
If you would like to learn more about , please visit the "" page.
It is our prayer that this site will answer whatever questions you might have. If you would like to view our , please .
If you have any questions or prayer requests, please use our for information on how to reach Calvary Chapel of Oklahoma City.