The Holy Spirit ...
...convicts the world:
- "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment : "of sin, because they do not believe in Me; "of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; "of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged." John 16:8-12
- "not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit." Titus 3:5
- "that I might be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:16
- "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." Acts 1:8
- "Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit [who] [is] in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?" 1 Cor. 6:19
- "But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him." 1 John 2:27
...is a Helper, Teacher and Guide:
- "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you." John 14:26
- "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth." John 16:13
...has a present day ministry:
- "And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams. And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; And they shall prophesy." Acts 2:17-18
All Scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are from the New King James Version. © 1979, 1980, 1982, Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
<< Back to Statement of Faith